COL reports on its work through a variety of means, both in print and electronically.
This page includes links to:
See also: Financial and Governance Information, for:
- Quarterly Reports to the Board of Governors
- Minutes of Board of Governors' meetings
- Financial Statements
Connections and EdTech News newsletters provide a continually updated mailing list of over 10,000 government officials and education leaders with information on COL's work with its partners, as well as other developments worldwide. COL also issues regular electronic bulletins. To be added to COL's mailing list and/or electronic distribution list please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COL's work by Commonwealth region (regional brochures)
COL Clippings (news articles profiling individual projects and programmes; available for reprint)
CURRENT THREE-YEAR PLAN:
Three-Year Plan 2012-2015
Learning for Development
PAST THREE-YEAR PLANS, EXTERNAL EVALUATIONS and PROGRESS REPORTS:
DFID MULTILATERAL AID REVIEW, 2010
COL's response to the Multilateral Aid Review, conducted by the UK Department for International Development, August 2010
REPORTS TO MEETINGS OF COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENTS:
Commonwealth Heads of Government Meetings
- Perth, Australia: 28 - 30 October 2011
COL's report to CHOGM looked like this. The documentation is this wrap-around to a brochure on "COL and the Millennium Development Goals" which is available at www.col.org/MDG.
COL also provided Foreign Ministers with preliminary versions of the individual Country Reports for 2009-2012 that COL will be presenting to Commonwealth Education Ministers when they meet in Mauritius in August 2012.
October 26: Presentation to Foreign Ministers by Board Chair, the Honourable Burchell Whiteman, O.J. and then President and C.E.O., Sir John Daniel.
October 26: Following the COL presentation to Foreign Ministers, Australian Foreign Minister, the Honourable Kevin Rudd, announced that Australia would be rejoining as a financial partner of COL. He also included this in his speech later in the evening.
Media? Please see www.col.org/news/media
- Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago: 27 - 29 November 2009
CHOGM 2009 Outcomes
CHOGM 2009 Communiqué (PDF)
- Kampala, Uganda: 23 - 25 November 2007
Theme: Transforming Commonwealth Societies to achieve Political, Economic and Human Development
COL's Report to CHOGM: Towards a Commonwealth of Learning: Twenty Years of Progress:
Presentation to Foreign Ministers' Committee, by HE The Hon. Burchell Whiteman (Acting Chair), Sir John Daniel (then President and CEO) and Professor Asha Kanwar (then Vice President)
Report - 1.5 Mb PDF download
CHOGM 2007 Outcomes:
CHOGM 2007 Communiqué
Munyonyo Statement on Respect and Understanding
Kampala Declaration on Transforming Societies to Achieve Political, Economic and Human Development
Commonwealth Climate Change Action Plan
- Valletta, Malta: 25 - 27 November 2005
Networking Learning Communities for Development. Presentation by Lewis Perinbam, O.C., Chair of COL's Board of Governors, reporting to the Foreign Ministers' Committee at CHOGM 2005
Networking Learning Communities for Development: The Commonwealth of Learning and the Millennium Development Goals. COL's report to CHOGM 2005 - 635 Kb Acrobat PDF download
Covering letter for COL's report to CHOGM 2005. From Sir John Daniel, then President and C.E.O. - 148 Kb Acrobat PDF download
CHOGM 2005 Outcomes:
CHOGM 2005 Communiqué
Valletta Statement on Multilateral Trade
Malta Declaration on Networking the Commonwealth for Development
Gozo Statement on Vulnerable Small States
- Abuja, Nigeria: 5 - 8 December 2003
- Abuja Communiqué(see paragraph 67 on COL: "Heads of Government received with appreciation the Report of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and accepted its recommendations, in particular, the proposal of the Commonwealth Conference of Education Ministers for a Commonwealth Virtual University for Small States. They noted COL's request for resources to finance its three-year Strategic Plan.")
- Aso Rock Commonwealth Declaration on Development and Democracy: Partnership for Peace and Prosperity(see paragraph 16: "We affirm that education, whether formal or informal, is central to development in any society and is of the highest priority to the Commonwealth.")
- Brisbane, Australia, October 2001 postponed to March 2002 and moved to Queensland's Sunshine Coast
New Tools for New Skills - The Commonwealth of Learning's contribution to continuity and renewal in the 21st Century Commonwealth (Report to CHOGM from COL's Board of Governors). 620 Kb Acrobat PDF download
- Durban, November 1999
- Edinburgh, October 1997
COL's Report to 13CCEM provided to Heads of Government (PDF file)
- Auckland, November 1995
Reports to meetings of the Commonwealth Secretariat Board of Governors
Conferences of Commonwealth Education Ministers (CCEM, www.thecommonwealth.org/Internal/190663/37088/ministerial_meetings/)
A Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth
Report presented to Commonwealth Education Ministers in October 2003.