This course was designed in order to equip you with the knowledge, skills and right attitudes to fight malaria.
In particular, it was intended to:
Provide health workers at different levels of health care service with knowledge, skills, practice and attitudes on malaria prevention and control through self-guided/tutored materials on malaria;
Provide you with a quick reference for use at your place of work so that you can effect prompt diagnosis, appropriate treatment and/or referral of malaria cases;
To provide you with simple diagnostic and treatment guidelines which you can internalize through self-guided learning.
The course units can be downloaded in DOC format below:
Introduction to the Course
- Unit 1: About Malaria
- Unit 2: Clinical Assessment of Malaria
- Unit 3: Severe and Complicated Malaria
- Unit 4: Treatment of Malaria
- Unit 5: Treatment Defaults in Malaria
- Unit 6: Referral in Severe and Complicated Malaria
- Unit 7: Malaria in Pregnancy
- Unit 8: Prevention and Control of Malaria
- Unit 9: Community Based Management of Fever and Malaria in Children
- Unit 10: HIV/AIDS and Malaria
- Unit 11: Counselling and Health Education on Malaria
- Unit 12: Malaria Surveillance
© 2007 African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)
is distributed under the Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.
Any part of this unit including the illustrations may be copied, reproduced or adapted to meet the needs of local health workers, for teaching purposes, provided proper citation is accorded AMREF. If you alter, transform, or build upon thiswork, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
AMREF would be grateful to learn how you are using this course and welcomes constructive comments and suggestions.
Please address any correspondence to:
The African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF)
Directorate of Learning Systems
PO Box 27691 -
00506, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 (20) 6993000
Fax: +254 (20) 609518