All inquiries concerning employment and consulting opportunities may be directed to:
Director: Finance, Administration & Human Resources
Fax: +1 604 775 8210
Commonwealth of Learning (COL) helps governments and institutions to expand the scale, efficiency and quality of learning by using new approaches, appropriate technologies and open and distance learning (ODL) methodologies. Headquartered in British Columbia, Canada, COL promotes innovation and works with Member States to facilitate learning for sustainable development. It is financed by voluntary contributions from Commonwealth governments.
COL adheres to the principles of non-discrimination and affirms in policy and practical terms the requirement for equal opportunity for all citizens of the Commonwealth. COL specifically endorses:
- Professional merit as the primary consideration in the hiring, promotion and compensation of its staff;
- Within the limits of its size, and in the context of its location and financial resources, the need for an appropriate balance in its staffing complement in terms of regional and national backgrounds for international positions; and
- The principle of gender equity in recruitment and staffing, consistent with the overall goal of equal opportunity for all.
There are no current openings.
COL supplements its staff resources and internal expertise by contracting consultants to undertake some of its programme work in the implementation and delivery of its strategic plan.
The expertise of consultants may be required at various stages for such services as:
- Needs analysis and feasibility study services
- Workshop facilitation, training and instructional design
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Other short and medium term professional and technical assistance.
A consultant or team of consultants may be commissioned.
A consultant who is assigned a contract for service must be qualified to carry out all terms of reference assigned and be accountable for completing the job satisfactorily. To achieve this aim, COL may select individual consultants, firms or consultancy teams to undertake an assignment using the selection framework outlined below. Individual consultants should hold citizenship from a Commonwealth country. When COL is not able to locate a suitable consultant from within the Commonwealth, it will use a consultant with citizenship from outside member countries.
Information on the Selection Framework is contained in the file below where requests for Expressions of Interest in consulting opportunities will generally be advertised on the COL Website on this page.