- The Ministry of Education developed a national policy on ICT in Education that also includes OER, with COL support.
- 3,907 women and girls in Malawi have been trained
Partnerships are fundamental to COL’s work. Strategic partnerships allow COL to broaden its reach and engage at global, regional and national levels, while implementation partners support COL’s work in communities and institutions across Commonwealth Member States. Partners include multilateral organisations, regional bodies, national governments, government agencies, foundations, civil society organisations, public and private (not-for-profit) institutions and the private sector. COL partnerships assist in improving and extending teaching and learning services to people in the developing Commonwealth.
COL’s partners in Malawi include:
- Ministry of Education
- Centre for Research and Development Initiative (CERADI)
- Concerned Youth Organisation (CYO)
- Malawi College of Distance Education
- Mzuzu University
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
Dr Joshua Valeta
Open and Distance Education
Ministry of Education