The Commonwealth of Learning (COL), working in partnership with the Brunei Darussalam Government, wishes to announce Master’s Degree scholarships for five people from Commonwealth countries, preferably working in Higher Education Institutions or Departments of Higher Education, to study on a full-time basis in Brunei Darussalam for one or two years.
The scholarships are available for programmes commencing in July/August 2016 in three participating institutions in Brunei Darussalam.
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB)
Each scholarship covers tuition fees, one return economy air ticket, allowances (personal expenses, food, etc.), and residential accommodation. For specific details on the terms and conditions of the scholarships, including entry requirements and the application form, click here.
Applicants are invited to apply directly to the Brunei Darussalam Government as stated on the Application Form and submit a copy of the complete application package to Dr Godson Gatsha, COL Education Specialist, Higher Education at email@example.com. The application procedures and deadlines can be found below.
- Meet the admission/entry requirements of the chosen programme as stated by the participating institution;
- Be able to produce and submit all of the documents required listed below;
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country;
- Be 35 years or younger by 31 July 2016;
- Be able to possess a valid passport for the whole duration of study in Brunei Darussalam;
- Have the written support of your Vice-Chancellor, President or equivalent institutional head;
- Discuss how the degree obtained will help advance your personal and professional development in the Statement of Purpose as part of the Application Form;
- Preference will be given to those with a potential training role in their institutions upon graduation; and
- Gender balance in scholarship awards will be considered.
- Three copies of the completed application form
- Three recent passport-sized photographs
- Three certified copies of academic qualifications
- Three copies of Applicant’s Statement of Purpose
- Three certified copies of Birth Certificate and Passport
- Three copies of Security Vetting
- Certified English Translation of supporting documents must be submitted if documents are not in English
- Reference letters from two people (see page 8 of the Application Form)
- Completed endorsement form from Nominating Government Agency (see pages 14-15 of Application Form)
- Submit all of the documents required to the Technical Assistance Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Brunei Darussalam Government by Saturday, 9 January 2016 (Brunei Standard Time). See contact details under the column to the right.
- Submit a copy of the full application package, along with the written endorsement from your Institutional Head (See item 6 of the Eligibility Criteria) to Dr Godson Gatsha at firstname.lastname@example.org at the Commonwealth of Learning by Wednesday, 6 January 2016 (Pacific Standard Time).