In an effort to broaden participation in the Tenth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (PCF10), the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) through the PCF10 Sponsorship Committee coordinates the allocation of subsidies for registration fees, accommodation and/or airfare to enable more delegates to attend who would not be able to otherwise participate in PCF10. A limited amount of funds have been allocated from within COL’s budget and from Forum sponsors for this purpose.
The criteria used for selection are outlined below.
All successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement which outlines the terms and conditions of the travel sponsorship, including a commitment to attend PCF10 and submit a report to COL at the end of the Forum.
Criteria for Selection
- Submission of a fully completed travel sponsorship application form including a compelling rationale of how attendance at PCF10 would be beneficial.
- Confirmation has been received that an abstract has been submitted and accepted (only one applicant may be considered for selection of co-authored papers).
- Priority will be given to individuals who have not received sponsorship support from COL for prior PCF events.
- Applicants must be living in and hold citizenship from a developing Commonwealth country.
- Gender and regional balance for the Forum attendance will be taken into consideration.
- All delegates receiving support are expected to bear some of the associated travel costs such as visa fees, local ground transportation and medical insurance from other sources of support.
Final approval of the travel sponsorship application will be dependent on submission and acceptance of the full paper based on the approved abstract, ability to obtain a travel visa, if required, and agreement to participate fully in the PCF programme and provide a report to COL following the event.
COL reserves the right to amend the criteria subject to the amount of funds that become available to sponsor delegates and to ensure that the programme requirements of PCF10 are resourced.
All decisions of the PCF10 Sponsorship Committee will be considered final.
Travel sponsorship application deadline: 15 April 2022
Please submit your completed form by email.
Applicants will be notified as to their success or otherwise by 15 May 2022.