In just over a week’s time, the 10th Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning (PCF10) kicks off in Calgary, Canada.
Co-hosted by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and Athabasca University (AU), PCF10 is happening from September 14th to 16th, 2022. The conference showcases many Commonwealth senior officials, including the Prime Minister of Samoa, the Honorable Fiame Naomi Mata’afa.
Ms Mata’afa, Samoa’s seventh Prime Minister and the first female to serve as Samoa’s head of government, will be giving the inaugural address as well as conference welcome introductions and remarks by Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO, COL and Dr Peter Scott, President, AU.
PCF10 features a broad spectrum of international educational speakers and panellists, including keynote addresses from:
- The Hon Buti Kgwaridi Manamela, Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, South Africa;
- Mr Mohammed Rezwan, Executive Director, Shidhulai Swanirvar Sangstha, Bangladesh;
- Dr Rolph Payet, Executive Secretary, Basel Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions; and
- Professor Olaf Zawicki-Richter, University of Oldenburg, Germany.
The Asa Briggs Lecture by:
- Prof Tim Blackman, Vice-Chancellor, The Open University, United Kingdom
Canada Country Showcase by:
- Ms Claudette McGowan, Global Executive Officer, TD Bank
Along with parallel sessions, panel discussions and contributions from:
- Dr Dianne Chambers, Associate Professor, University of Notre Dame Australia;
- Dr Christina Kwauk, Brookings Institution, USA;
- Dr Maxim Jean Louis, President-Chief Executive Officer, Contact North, Canada;
- and Dr Joanna Newman, Secretary General, Association of Commonwealth Universities, United Kingdom.
Registration for this year’s event is still available in-person or virtually. Click below for details.
Exhibitor registration for PCF10
#Commonwealth #conference #education
For more information, visit pcf10.org.